Raspberry and Yogurt Coffee Cake

1:38 PM

I live in a place where raspberries are available in the summer time,it's just a 15 minutes walk from my home.I haven't been able to go much since I have my kids,but my parents's like to spend time outdoors and always bring us some too. This is the only cake that I've made with raspberries and I keep making it even in the winter with frozen ones.It's low in sugar and you can make it low fat too if you go for that yogurt.



Ingredients:
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup yogurt
 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 1 cup  raspberry (fresh or frozen, if using frozen do not thaw)

In a bowl, combine the flour sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Combine the egg, yogurt, butter, and vanilla: add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an 8-in round baking pan
Sprinkle the raspberries over the batter.

Spoon the remaining batter over the top.

Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown.
Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Like us on Facebook