,

Loula's Greek Pasta Salad

11:33 AM

Our family totally loves this salad. The first time I made it,I barely got to try it since my daughters attacked it. My meat loving husband also loves it. I've made it twice a week too. This recipe belongs to Laloula from the zaar,one of the nicest person you can think of. No wonder her salad is so great! She's a great baker,makes tons of muffins and scones and loves dips.That's not it.It's not enough that she's great she's got a twin sister too.What you get:double greatness!

Ingredients:
80 g pasta (maccaroni or penne)- I use fusili
125 g frozen spinach -sometimes I omit it
150 g kefir -yogurt works fine
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red onion, diced finely
2 tomatoes, sliced
40 g green olives, halved (stones removed)
1/2 lemon, juice of
1/2 bunch dill, chopped finely
1 tablespoon walnut oil or 1 tablespoon other flavourful oil
salt and pepper

Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente (firm to the bite). In the last five minutes of cooking add spinach.
For the sauce combine kefir, oil, garlic, dill and lemon juice in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a big bowl combine sauce, drained pasta and spinach, tomatoes, olives and onion.
Season again to taste. Let cool and serve or eat warm. Enjoy!
Since loula is vegetarian this is meatless,but chicken breast works fine in it.(sorry loula for adding this)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Like us on Facebook