, ,

Iranian Barley Soup - Supeh Joe

7:23 AM

This soup is thick,it's supposed to be that way. I've had it the first time in a sandwich restaurant in Tehran,it was the only thing my daughter could eat. I've been making it ever since.

Ingredients:
1 cup oats ( I usually use instant oatmeal)
4 -6 cups water (depends how thick you like it)
2 onions, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 potato, grated
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt
2 dried limes (omit if not avalable)
lemon juice
1 tablespoon parsley

Put water, onions,grated carrot and potato in a pot and bring to a boil.
 Add turmeric, tomato paste, chicken cubes,dried limes, salt and pepper.Pierce the dried limes so they release the flavor.
Boil for 10 minutes.
Add the oats and stir often.
 Boil for another 15 minutes and just before finishing add lemon juice and parsley.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Like us on Facebook

Blog Archive