,

Spanish Rice

12:54 PM

"Everyone in my family loved it! My dad asks for it and he never has any cravings!I added garlic and a little saffron. Sometime I add a carrot too for the kids."
This was my review for it.I've made it so many times and it always gets better and better.

Ingredients:
1 cup uncooked rice
1 medium onion, chopped (I like onions so I used a large one)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
2 1/2 cups water
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
Add rice and onion and cook (about 5-10 minutes) stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown and onion is tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.

Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Like us on Facebook