David Lebovitz's Leek and Potato Soup

1:02 AM


I've never made leek and potato soup and I've always wanted to try it...so when I found leek in the supermarket and this great recipe of David Lebovitz I had to try it right away. Of,course it's a little bit adapted.You'll love it!

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon oil
1 leek
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
3 cups water
1 cube chicken stock
300 gr potatoes ,peeled and cubed
1 bay leaf
salt to taste

Heat the oil and add the sliced leeks.


Fry for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
Add thyme and stir for about 30 seconds.
Pour the water and add the potatoes and the bay leaf.
Add the cube as well.
Cover and simmer until potatoes are tender.
Take out the bay leaf and using a stick blender puree the soup.

If the soup is too thick add some water.
Don't use a food processor,the soup will turn gummy.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About me

Like us on Facebook